Monday, November 2

Wedding Day

Some of my friends tell me, my love for the San Juan Islands is so big, I could be an ambassador for them.
We decided to get married on Orcas Island after a couple of hours we were there... and it was the best thing I ever did in my life.
We marry on May 2nd, and even the weather was very nice with us.
At the end of April, it was a thunderstorm that cooled our enthusiasm.
We were in the car, driving to downtown Seattle, and the visibiliy was so poor, for the rain, we both nearly had a nervous breakdown.
In Italy... and maybe even in America, there is this ridicilous sentence, that sound like a bad joke: "Sposa bagnata, sposa fortunata". Wet Spouse is a lucky one...
The person that wrote this phrase, liked to make fun of others.

If it rained on our wedding day, would be a big disaster.
Stella and I, decided, the same, to get married outdoors.

It was a miracle... but it was a very sunny day, and the idea we had, sounded very perfect.
If you go to Orcas, go to visit Rosario Resort.
They have a beautiful setting, where you can have your ceremony on the shore of the sea.

Our ceremony was very sweet, wonderful... and overall, the best a man can get.
We were in 30. My parents, my sister, and two friends, were there with us to share this beautiful moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment